Accidentally given Starter...return it or feed it?

Quote:
No, it will not hurt them at all. If it were me I'd probably just feed out the whole bag.

You can feed them all of it, 1 bag isn't going to do anything to them what so ever you just don't want to keep feeding them medicated feed once they are laying eggs because you will get some of the anti-biotics too when you eat the eggs.

You can feed them all of it, 1 bag isn't going to do anything to them what so ever you just don't want to keep feeding them medicated feed once they are laying eggs because you will get some of the anti-biotics too when you eat the eggs.

This is correct. The layers are the only possible problem, and even then you have to be kind of a worry-wart not to eat the eggs.​

Dumb question I'm sure, but why the heck do they make medicated layer feed if it's not good for people to eat? It seems like they just wouldn't make it. OP, I'm in the same boat, bought the wrong feed.

Dumb question I'm sure, but why the heck do they make medicated layer feed if it's not good for people to eat?

Amprolium isn't harmful to people, and doesn't get into the eggs.​

Back
Top Bottom