Accidentally went into lockdown too early… help!

haleydenae

Hatching
Oct 18, 2021
It’s my first time incubating, and I started a batch of eggs (only 3) which was a bad idea, as none of them made it. However I have 8 I’ve been incubating, and I thought today was day 21, but I’ve had no pipping, no movement, nothing. So I candled again and realized 1 didn’t make it, the other 7 look good. Apparently when I unplugged my incubator and plugged It back in, it did not reset! So I thought Saturday was beginning of lockdown but if I’m correct it was actually about day 15/16. So I’ve had my humidity at 65-70% since Saturday. I opened the vent all the way and have my humidity at about 60 now, but is that way too early to have humidity that high?

It’s my first time incubating, and I started a batch of eggs (only 3) which was a bad idea, as none of them made it. However I have 8 I’ve been incubating, and I thought today was day 21, but I’ve had no pipping, no movement, nothing. So I candled again and realized 1 didn’t make it, the other 7 look good. Apparently when I unplugged my incubator and plugged It back in, it did not reset! So I thought Saturday was beginning of lockdown but if I’m correct it was actually about day 15/16. So I’ve had my humidity at 65-70% since Saturday. I opened the vent all the way and have my humidity at about 60 now, but is that way too early to have humidity that high?
I reread. Having your humidity that high for TWO days isn't bad news.

Are you trusting the humidity level that your incubator is reading or do you have a separately purchased salt tested humidity gauge in your incubator?

Only 2 days. Humidity the rest of the days was between 40-55%
👍 I wouldn't stress about it.

Next time...don't raise humidity until you see an external pip.

Make sure you salt test a humidity gauge before you set eggs again. You can not trust what an incubator is says.

Good luck.

I reread. Having your humidity that high for TWO days isn't bad news.

Are you trusting the humidity level that your incubator is reading or do you have a separately purchased salt tested humidity gauge in your incubator?
I’m trusting this humidity gauge it seems to be pretty accurate, I haven’t had any issues with it so far. It holds humidity well, and has an outside reservoir to add water to adjust humidity levels.

I’m trusting this humidity gauge it seems to be pretty accurate, I haven’t had any issues with it so far. It holds humidity well, and has an outside reservoir to add water to adjust humidity levels.
How do you know it's accurate if you don't have a salt-tested humidity gauge to compare it to?

👍 I wouldn't stress about it.

Next time...don't raise humidity until you see an external pip.

Make sure you salt test a humidity gauge before you set eggs again. You can not trust what an incubator is says.

Good luck.
Thank you, will do!

Honestly, I really don’t think it is going to hurt anything to just have the humidity at that level for a couple of days I made my own incubator for the first time And temperature and humidity fluctuating pretty significantly during days one through 18 on about day 14 I wound up buying a LG and I am on day 20 now and I have three tips so faAnd temperature and humidity fluctuating pretty significantly during days one through 18 on about day 14 I wound up buying a LG and I am on day 20 now and I have three eggs that have piped so far. I am telling you I was so nervous the temperature got up to 104 one night and it was hard to fluctuate the humidity the way I needed it to. But so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom