Accidential chicken grandma

Chick-Grandma

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2016
Just moved n, previous owners gave their horse, goat and chickens to the neighbors. Horse is all good, goat ran away the next day and the chickens came back to the coop here. I am a 54 yo city girl, from Chicago now in rural Tennessee. Thoughts of Red wasps, brown recluse and black widows are keeping me awake at night. So I have 1 hen and a rooster in a large coop...rooming with the above "friends". I don't think the hen has moved much, shes sitting on a load of eggs. I cleaned up a handful of bad eggs already. Spread some fresh shavings and poopy-scooped what I could reach without being attacked by the "friends". Keeping tbem fed and watered. I don't want to even go out there...need baby step guidence please

Greetings from Kansas, Chick-Grandma, and :welcome. Happy you joined us! I think your critters are fortunate to have you. Here's a link you might check out. It's the Learning Center and will give you a ton of A to Z information on raising chickens. Good luck and thanks for joining! :)

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif

As redsoxs said, the Learning Center is an awesome resource with tons of information. If you ever have any questions, always feel free to ask-- I'm sure anyone here would be happy to help.

Thanks for joining us and good luck!
smile.png

Welcome to BYC. You seem to have an interesting introduction to the world of chicken keeping! The links you have been given should help you, but feel free to ask any questions along the way.

Best wishes
CT

Back
Top Bottom