Accounting

Excel should do the trick. I guess it's not free, but most people already bought it!

Quote:
Take a look at our trial demo and free forms. If there is something specific that you are looking for, then let us know. Unlike spreadsheets our application provides comparisons from year to year and month to month.

Actually, I tried the demo. And it's a nice enough program, but frankly just too bulky for what I need. Geared a bit too much toward breeding/showing. And I'd actually prefer something that isn't web-based.

I looked at the forms, as well, but I'd really like my expenses/income/production all in the same place and tied together.

But it's a nice software for those who breed.
wink.png

Quote:
I'm not sure what you found bulky about the interface, but if you pm me or send a message by our contact form to explain in detail, I would appreciate it.

It is actually geared to whatever the user wants to do. If you do not show that there is no need to use the show section, if you do not breed then there is no reason to use this section.

The software was designed to cover production, expenses, and income originally and grew to the breeding areas. Really it's very simple to use. For instance if you have 12 chickens you and enter one line as your laying hens. We do this by hatch season and sex.

After the animal is entered it's simply a matter of entering whatever you want. Eggs taken from the nest are entered under production. When eggs are sold they are entered under income for these particular hens, all chickens or the best way for your circumstance.

In the software all of the income, expenses, production, medical, births, pregnancy can be viewed for an individual animal, animal group, or by summary of your entire animal population.

Please take a moment and look again at the Current Year Summary and the Monthly Summary sheets. I believe you will find that these provide the information you are wanting to track all in a page view.

We use the software for goats, rabbits, chickens, ducks, and Guinea Fowl -- even our dog. It takes us 15 to 20 minutes per month (this includes entering data on the monthly sheets) to keep track of our entire animal farm using the system and has helped to make us much more productive. Our small farm is going to actually show a profit this year. We owe a lot of this to the software that allows us to make decisions based on last months performance.

My personal favorite report to use is the monthly summary. It compares 3 years -- month-by-month and it shows you in black and white if expenses are out of line and you can spot production gains and losses -- even feed usage.

For our poultry, we use the Monthly Poultry Sheet to record, egg production, feed bedding, grit, oyster shell, etc.. usage and the notes section to record egg sales and expenses. At the end of the month just total and enter the total into the system -- very easy. We keep our receipts together with the reports too. At the year end you have the majority of your work done for tax season.

Charting is also going to be added early next year to the summaries for those that like visual representation. We are currently adding the weight charts for recording weight gain or occasional weighing of the animals.

Being web based is an advantage since it can work on a Mac, PC, Linux or even a mobile device. This software is secure using SSL, just like online banking and the real advantage we provide is that your data is backed up daily so that if your computer ever crashes or your had drive goes bad your data is not lost. It is also available to you where ever there is an internet connection and browser. In addition to those advantages the software is always up to date.

Back
Top Bottom