Accross the Border

Jay262

Songster
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Im wondering about hatching eggs. I know with young chicks or grown birds its quite a hassle and expensive to ship accross borders. But what about eggs i havent tried but im curious if anyone else has or in the future would be wiling to. Im personally a Canadian but id love to be able to buy/sell and trade outside the country epscially since some breeds i have had issue finding here.

Quote:
The OP is asking about eggs though.
wink.png
Not adult birds.

I know, but if you want to ship eggs out of the country, your flock has to be inspected, permits, paperwork, headaches.

My dreams feel a little dashed if thats a fact
sad.png
....i will keep looking though.

This is discouraging.
hit.gif

Another Canadian here, looking for hatching eggs and am having problems finding them local.

*sigh*

Sorry , I used to live in Nova Scotia so I know how hard it is to get what u want. I did look into it before and that's what I was told.:-(

What you need to do is to contact whatever your country uses as a Department of Agriculture, and they will have an official government veterinarian. That veterinarian will tell you exactly what is required to bring eggs into your country.

The USA has no problem with shipping eggs out. The question comes with getting the eggs into whatever country you want them brought into.

There are some pretty stringent requirements form bringing livestock of any kind into the USA, and then each state has their own requirements on top of that. So for swapping, that has to be considered, too.

NPIP is quite easy to get and the paperwork is not onerous. AI testing can be done at the same time as the NPIP, and some states do it for free and some states charge for it.

Back
Top Bottom