ACK! I succumbed to the cuteness! What is it? Brahmas maybe?

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
These are all bantums. TSC gets theirs from Privett Hatchery and if I guessed right these have to be one of these options- Old English, Dutch, Brahmas, cochin. Of course, it's entirely possible that I have guessed wrong!
What do you think these are?
IMG_3263.jpg

These are the oddest of the lot. They are mottled brown, cream, black. They even have black smudges on their beaks and legs. Cute, cute, cute for sure, but what are we?
IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

These are the tiniest of the group. I was thinking seremas, but Privett doesn't sell seremas.
smile.png
They are clean legged (yellow). Colors are shades of brown. I love the mascara smudges.
IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

This actually shows one of each. The poor baby is falling asleep backwards in this one!
IMG_3245.jpg

Have no idea on this one either. She's shades of grey and black. Her eyes are outlined in black. Clean legs of yellow. She's asleep, not dead, in this picture.
smile.png

IMG_3244.jpg

I don't think I got a good picture of the maybe cochin. It has yellow legs with feathers. It is shades of yellow and grey. Privett does sell d'uccles. Maybe it's a d'uccle. It's very tiny too.

Any help on these? I went into TSC to get more silkies and ended up only getting one (the only one!). I got sucked into the cuteness of the rest.

Last edited:
Those are just ADORABLE! Of course I have no clue what they are, but I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable chicken owners can clue you in! I just had to congratulate you on those pretty babies! That cuteness is the strongest vacuum power in the world -- it sucks in ANYONE who gets within it's field of "pull".
big_smile.png

ETA: The TSC and other farm stores around here will NOT be getting bantams of ANY kind.
sad.png
When I asked the girl at Pet Farmacy why not, she said it was because they haven't sold very well the last couple of years. This year they are only offering barred rocks and Ameracaunas. I'm getting 3 BRs (already have one adult and 6 Ameracaunas.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I dunno. It might be time for a field trip to Tennessee!
big_smile.png
West KY isn't all that far away. I'm sure there's a TSC up in the northern regions of TN somewhere.

(See, that would totally be something I'd do. And then I'd drive umpteen hours home with the heat on high sweating until I passed out just so the babies don't get chilled. Sigh. It's a terrible addiction, I tell you.)

They are very cute!! The striped ones look like a couple my daughter got a while back. I don't remember which they turned out to be. They were Dutch and OEGBs in that group. I think they might be the Dutch but not sure.
I have no idea on the mottled ones but they sure are cute!

Back
Top Bottom