Ack, time to get the brooder ready NOW!

Oh no worries, it will be picture city when they get here!

I ordered 5 assorted bantam cochins, 10 California Whites, and 10 Ameraucana! They said they should be here Friday or Saturday, SO EXCITED! I let my son pick 10 he wanted and he loves the California Whites (he is four) so I just went ahead and put those on the order without even reading up on them. 300+ eggs A YEAR per hen! Oh man am I EVER going to have to start selling eggs this next year!

RIR's HATCHED EARLY!!!! They are going to be here in the morning!
Brooder was delivered at 6pm this evening!!! Gonna be a late night
set up and BABIES IN THE MORNING!!! WoooHoooo!!

I'll have picts tomorrow! Ya'll ready?

They're Heeerrrreeeeee!!!
So healthy, running around like mad! Super active and NOISY!
Only one looked a bit peaked so I babied it for a bit. Forgot to warm
up the water, wouldn't go back to it. Duh! Got it warmed up and they are
sipping away.

Here we go!

97498_img_0336.jpg

97498_img_0279.jpg

97498_img_0321.jpg

97498_img_0358.jpg

97498_img_0304.jpg

Awww look at those little beaks and eyes and butts and everything! SO CUTE! Mine should be here tomorrow, Saturday at the latest. (IT BETTER BE TOMORROW I AM GOING INSANE WAITING!)

I can't wait to see your picts!
My husband is a meat and potatoes guy, I'm more sushi and hummus!
So he insisted on straight RIR's, no exotics even thought I tempted him
with some that had the same characteristics...

Can't wait to see your different mix of babies!!!

Oooooh, ArkaFarmaMama, they are sooo cute! Hopefully your PO didn't give you any problems since they all look well. Are they all pullets? Do you have 25 in your new booder? What hatchery did you get them from?
What fun! I have to wait till next week Wednesday at the soonest.

Nope, no problems! We were freaking out because they wouldn't answer their phone yesterday so we could give them a heads up!!!
ARHG!!! We were prepared for a fight and a long trek to track down the mail man on his route!!
FORTUNATELY they called this morning as my hub was racing to beat the mailman before he headed out! There were 3 other boxes of
chicks on their desk and they were all standing around cooing over them! At least I know they have a heart when it comes to chicks!
We ordered 15 hens and 2 roos and they sent 19 chicks! So BONUS!
We got them from Cackle Hatchery. They are the closest to us and my old timer GP's toured their facility and really liked it!
So far so good! Active little suckers! Thought they'd be tuckered out but man can't get a good shot cause they are crazy
busy and running all over the place! Every once in a while one will crash and pass out under the light and give me a heart attack!
Then one will run over it and off it goes!

Can't wait to see all of yours!!! Love the differences!

Last edited:
I just got done checking my waterers for leaks and getting the lights set up. They look good but I will go out tonight and check the temps again. Mine are outside so I may have to lower the lights at night. So excited! The PO opens at 8:00!
big_smile.png

MY CHICKS ARE HERE!
wee.gif
But the PO called 30 minutes before they open.
barnie.gif
I think I shall go stand in their lobby and glare at the door to the back.

Back
Top Bottom