Acouple problems

I will. Thanks for all the help so far. I do realize that loosing some in just part of it but when you raise these silly little birds from days old till they start laying eggs you kinda get attached to them and dont want anything to be wrong with them.

Ok so I talked to a friend and he gave me some antibodics. I seperated her in a large dog crate in the shop. Go to give her the treatment tomorrow. She does not smell at all, except for smelling like a wet chicken cause it's raining here. She also pooed today and it's looks normal. So hopefully this will work and she will be back with the rest later this week. Thanks again.

Well turn of events. My serama roo that I seperated from the rest is making the same noise. So I am glad I moved him. So I am just treating them all for good measure.
I am mixing this Duramycin-10 1 teaspoon per quart. As my friend suggested. How long do I treat them? Package says 7-10 days. After that time how long do I keep them separate? Since they are not really exhibiting signs of one thing, could it just be a cold? Seeing how the weather has non idea what it wants to do?

Thanks again for the help.

7 to 10 days is the max. and chickens do not catch colds.. they catch upper respiratory diseases but not colds, CRD is just what it's called. if you can go up on the right of this page and see Google custom search type in Cronic respiratory disease and hit search you should get lots of info. do they have any smell around their faces? I was just reading about Croyza.

No smells. They don't even act sick. It says to treat for 3 days and if they don't get better it might be something else. So we will see, I'm gonna treat them. He just called it a cold for lack of better terms. He has kept chickens for a long time. Hopefully he is right that this will cure them. Guess it's just a waiting game now. I'll keep you up to date.

Please do
fl.gif

I'm having the same problem, except the sound is in the nasal area. My chickens are acting well, and eating well. It started with one..now several are sniffling. I only have 7 pullets that I've hatched.
sad.png
I don't want to have to cull. As long as they are acting well, and on the Duramyacin, which they have been for four days now, should I just keep watch? Or should I go to a stronger med since it's been four days, and the first bird doesn't seem better alt all with the snotty sound?

Quote:
Might be a good idea to try Tylan, you are no doubt dealing with CRD and will the whole time you have your chickens, but as long as they are eating and acting well, no reason why you shouldn't continue to enjoy them. Just remember you'll need to keep a closed flock, don't sell or give any of your birds away or remember any birds you bring in will be suseptible to this. If you get Tylan powder give 1 to 2 tsp. per gallon of water for 5 days. heres a link about CRD there are many more if you want to read up on it. Google search on this page and type in CRD hit search.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=193203&p=1

Back
Top Bottom