ACTING EGG BOUND BUT IM UNSURE

She is back with the flock and is now oozing yellow foam out of her vent. I’m getting scared now so any ideas?
Oh no. Im sorry to hear this. Yellow and foamy is typical of worms. Being uninterested in food, also can be a sign of worms. Deworming is around about a 5 day course or so.

Other thoughts:
Needing to eat a lot of egg shells would indicate calcium deficiency. Could be that foamy poop is shell less egg being expelled. Possible that she has laid internally, therefore, if not enough calcium to make a shell. It will lead to infection and inflammation, treatable with antibiotic and anti-inflammatory. Important to palpate her body, look for swelling and signs of discomfort.

She’s really bad this morning. She’s sitting in the corner of the run with her head tucked in.
I'm sorry she's failing.

I'd try to get some fluids into her. Once drinking, offer some wet soupy feed.

She likely has some type of reproductive problem but hard to know.
Since she's expelling yellow urates or material, she may have laid an egg internally or has Salpingitis.
You could try an antibiotic to see if that makes a difference.

She may have laid internally. It's good that she's able to poop.
Work on the crop symptom. Get the calcium into and keep her hydrated.

Oh no. Im sorry to hear this. Yellow and foamy is typical of worms. Being uninterested in food, also can be a sign of worms. Deworming is around about a 5 day course or so.

Other thoughts:
Needing to eat a lot of egg shells would indicate calcium deficiency. Could be that foamy poop is shell less egg being expelled. Possible that she has laid internally, therefore, if not enough calcium to make a shell. It will lead to infection and inflammation, treatable with antibiotic and anti-inflammatory. Important to palpate her body, look for swelling and signs of discomfort.
I really appreciate your replies. Do you have any recommendations for antibiotics and anti-inflammatories?

image.jpg
She pooped something really strange! Is it some sort of egg thing?

View attachment 3612830She pooped something really strange! Is it some sort of egg thing?
Looks like Lash Material = Salpingitis.
She may feel better since she was able to expel that, but you probably need to give her an antibiotic to help with inflammation and infection. Continue with the Calcium for a few more days as well.

You can try the antibiotic you have on hand, you'll have to look up dosing or it would be best to administer something like Amoxicillin or Enrofloxacin if you have that.

Here's some reading about Salpingitis
https://the-chicken-chick.com/salpingitis-lash-eggs-in-backyard/
https://the-chicken-chick.com/causes-of-lash-eggs-salpingitis-by/
She likely has some type of reproductive problem but hard to know.
Since she's expelling yellow urates or material, she may have laid an egg internally or has Salpingitis.
You could try an antibiotic to see if that makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom