active lurker turned social?

Vorsaga

In the Brooder
Aug 23, 2018
Oregon USA
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
nope, not new. I had chickens back when I was a kid in the 1970's and got back into them with my kids around 2001.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
No clue... Under 100 for sure now that I sold off a pile of hens... at least I think it's under 100. Just don't count the turkeys or ducks and I'll be fine. In the past, I've had upwards of 500-800 at one time.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I love a variety... Cream Legbars, Russians, Cuckoo Marans, Brahma, Silkies, Frizzles, Welsummer, Easter Eggers, Jersey Giants, Lots of mixes...

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I don't quite remember... This has been my goto source for info for well over a decade... I think it was just a website and not a forum back then.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
We have a small farm in NW Oregon... just homestead stuff... cooking, preserving, sewing, whatnot. Oh and some facebook games.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
3 kids are adults now - we mostly homeschooled. I'm disabled now. We have lots of turkeys, ducks, geese, dogs, cats, and have had tons of other animals over the years. I'm pretty good with an incubator.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I think this is answered in #4, but it's been a long long time, like early 2000's. I usually just lurk and search forums. I'm pretty impatient about waiting for an answer so I go out and find it. I think I've joined before, but this time I joined because I have more time and might be able to offer information to others.

Back
Top Bottom