ACV in water

PrettyWaterRIR

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2019
I put 1 TBS per gallon in my water. My birds didn’t like it. They really slowed down on the water. I just went back to water. Has anyone else experienced this?

I know for pigeons, it acts as a sort of wormer. But I don't have chickens so it might not be the same.

Which worms is it supposed to control in pigeons? There are plenty of drug based wormers on the market for pigeons, and there is a reason for that. If ACV was the magic bullet for even one type of worm, I would think it would be blasted all over the pigeon forums?

Which worms is it supposed to control in pigeons? There are plenty of drug based wormers on the market for pigeons, and there is a reason for that. If ACV was the magic bullet for even one type of worm, I would think it would be blasted all over the pigeon forums?
Very good point. Many pigeon fanciest alternate between ACV and garlic in water. And I have never had worms that I am aware of. I don't know exact type of worms but I'm sure @biophiliac does!

In my opinion it's all hype. Fresh water is best.
Agrees^^^

I wonder how many people are using pasteurized ACV(Apple Cider Vinegar),
rather than the kind with the scoby/mother?
It might have some benefits...but it's not the miracle it's touted to be(except for the manufacturers pocketbooks).

In chickens it can inhibit the uptake of calcium.
It's not a wormer, neither is garlic.

Back
Top Bottom