ACV in water

Agrees^^^

I wonder how many people are using pasteurized ACV(Apple Cider Vinegar),
rather than the kind with the scoby/mother?
It might have some benefits...but it's not the miracle it's touted to be(except for the manufacturers pocketbooks).

In chickens it can inhibit the uptake of calcium.
It's not a wormer, neither is garlic.
I know...Chickens will get sick regardless of all the ACV and yogurt a person gives them. Balanced diets and fresh water is best. Chickens carry many diseases and only show symptoms when stressed. Or catch new ones from introducing other Birds.

I've never used ACV in my waterer. My chickens look healthy so I take the "if its not broken, don't fix it" approach.

The only thing I will say for ACV (the kind with "mother") is that it cleared up my dog's bladder infection quickly and completely. I don't know if that would hold true for all dogs and all bladder infections, but I was amazed at how well it worked for her. There's something there, I think, even if it's not the cure-all it's sometimes touted to be.

I haven't used it in my chickens' water, though I've read a lot about it. Didn't think it to be a cure all, but I bet it wouldn't hurt. I have read to offer both acv water and fresh water so that they have the option. Maybe it's an acquired taste?

I do, however, take a shot of it every other day for myself! When we were kids and caught a bug, our Grandmother would make a concoction using acv/honey/cayenne pepper. It was god awful, but always seemed to do the trick. We always preferred to just drink the vinegar with a little bit of alpine touch. Good stuff!

My husband’s aunt from Montana gave us a bottle when we were married, over 5 years ago. It’s still unopened! Do you just sprinkle it on ACV & drink?!?
Too funny! Yes, we'd just give it a little shake cuz it comes out fast. I quit using alpine quite a few years ago because of the MSG (they don't use it anymore). But my brother still eats it on absolutely everything! We work together and he brought a jar of acv and alpine just the other day :)

ETA: I don't add anything to it anymore. Just plain Braggs w/ the mother!

Back
Top Bottom