1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

acv & vitiamins

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ladyride, May 26, 2011.

1. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    Can you mix the polysol vitamins with acv in chick water? I have some coming soon & wanted to give them the best start.

2. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    I did, on 3 batches of chicks and still do for 2 batches. Some say not to do this, by donn't say why. I do it. Mine have been healthy so far. GL Maybe others will give their opinion on this too as I' a newbie.

3. vnploveschickens

vnploveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

I just use a dash of acv in the water for chicks and chickens.

4. kimntep

kimntep Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    I've been putting a teaspoon per gallon in all waterers since day one and I've had no significant health problems so far, plus the waterers aren't as yucky to clean as it cuts down on the algae build up.

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I do and I also put probio's in the water. Probio's is a probiotic. My older chicks have real shiny feathers.

6. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    Thanks ya'll ! I been using acv in my other chicks water since they were 2 weeks old which I found out about on here. [​IMG] Also been using some probios & yogurt . guess that why they have been doing so good [​IMG] We started with 21 have only lost 1 which is why we started looking for some answers here. Our first run of chicks were about a week old when we got them.I had been reading about the vitiamins thought about asking if we could use both. These will be coming from ideal loosing any just breaks my heart [​IMG] even though logic says I am going to loose some. Everyone on here has been great [​IMG] many thanks to all for your sharing of knowledge. All of us newbies need help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by