Ad in middle of page?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Whitehouse Quail, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

Just wanted to make sure you saw it...

2. Dutchgirl

Dutchgirl Not Dutch!

Apr 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    Did you try restarting the page? And were you logged in at the time?

3. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    It is doing the EXACT same thing for me and I am definitely logged in. It is getting really flipping irritating. Whenever there is another ad (not the purina one) it is normal, no ad in the middle of the page. I bet purina did some shifty coding to get it to appear there to get more hits.

4. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Yep I see it too! I tryd restarting page it didn't work I tried logging in again nope!

5. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:Yup, logged in, cleared cache, force refreshed, it is still stickin' around!

6. Dutchgirl

Dutchgirl Not Dutch!

Apr 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    Nifty just started supporting it and he says that you'll see some new banner ads. Either that's just the programming for the ad or something's gone wrong... I certainly don't see it.

7. Dutchgirl

Dutchgirl Not Dutch!

Apr 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    Actually, now I do.

8. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    It's quite annoying, isn't it?

9. TheWaddler

TheWaddler Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Austin, TX
    If you are computer saavy at all there is a program that you can called NoScript that is a pop up/software blocker. It works automatically by stopping Java (a type of internet ad language so to speak) apps from opening on web pages. It controls all the little extra things that pop up on web pages and stops them from opening automatically until you give the ok for it. It can also stop menacing software/adware from automatically starting every time you open a site. Ads will not show until you allow them and then every time you open the site things you allow come up while all the other ads and things do not. Once you get the hang of the software it is very easy to use and works without any effort on your part, just runs in the background and auto updates as well.

I forgot to mention that it is FREE!

10. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    It is a glitch and I have alerted Rob to the issue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by