Ad videos making this site impossible to browse?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Lilki, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Lilki

Lilki Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2016
    There is a video pop up ad (for Scion) that is making it impossible for me to view anything on this site. It won't let me scroll down. I can't even see what I'm typing right now. Is there a way to stop this?? It hasn't always been like this.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    1 person likes this.
  3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Sorry you're having problems! Is the ad automatically playing video and also audio?

Hopefully the info here will help:

Q: How Can I Turn Off Advertising / Advertisements On The Site? I saw some inappropriate ads, what should I do?
    A: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...he-ads-on-the-right-of-the-page#post_10043121

There are some very detailed instructions there on how to provide us with all the info we need to find the ad that's causing you problems.

4. 46hillbilly

46hillbilly Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2012
    I use a Yahoo listed popup blocker for page ads. it saves the right side and center popups from happening; look and see if it will aid you. Others available, make sure they contain NO maleware with Malwarbyte . It is free and the best one is good buy.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by