Addicted to BYC forum...and chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Dowie, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Ho-hum, working from home today. I'll just turn on the computer to take a peek at BYC 'Stories and pictures of your chickens' section, oh it's my favourite! Click, scroll, that chicken is sooooooooooo cute! Click, search for updates on the adventures of Barbara...oh, she's a good writer that one, so funny!

Goodness, 1 hour later. Better go get a cup of coffee and get serious about work. Before that I think I'll go outside and check on the chickens. Change water, clean out coop. Sit and watch chickens. Good gracious, that took up another hour!

Guess I should get a coffee and sit down in front of the computer and get that work done. Hmmmm...has anyone responded to my post about Blossom? Hmph! Why not? Click, scroll....that chicken is SO CUTE!

[​IMG]

It's a wonder I get anything done, ever!

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Yep, welcome to the addiction. [​IMG]

3. BantamoftheOpera

BantamoftheOpera Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Southern Maine
    I'm the same way! I am on here constantly. I took a 6 month break because my friend got a super incubator and I was told no more chickens. I knew looking at the posts would be too upsetting to me. Six months later and I've got 2 babies in the brooder with a 3rd on the way. So much for no more babies. It was actually my landlord's (boyfriend's mom) idea. Who was I to reject her generous offer! [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Hey, I resemble that!
    [​IMG]

5. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:DITTO! [​IMG]

6. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    I know I'm not alone in this addiction, thank goodness! Just went out the back again to check on the chickens. Just in case...

7. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Yeppers...Lots of us on here...I check threads...do the dishes...check threads...water the birds...check threads....watch the birds...lol....
    Too bad I have to work sometimes...but at least I can access BYC at work too [​IMG]

8. OMG!!!!!!!!! yup, that's me as well. Get up, let chickens out, listen to Bird tell me who to check on here, listen to May May tell me the new story to put on here for the day, get to work, gotta check the site, see who's doing what, who did what for their babies, who's baby decided to do something stupid, funny, cute, etc. Then post Mays story (my hen) or Bird and the Fluffy Butts adventures, .... crud, its 10, and i didnt get anything done yet. MAKE myself get outta here before I spend the entire day. [​IMG] we are ALL a bunch of addicts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by