Addicted to eggs, got some recently :)

Sabz

Songster
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Quebec, Canada
Since about the start of december, my hens stopped laying.
Since the days are getting longer (Dec 21st), as if they were on a timer, they started laying again! I was getting eggs almost every other day. Since it was really cold, they all froze. I did not find thoese eggs quite appealing to eat, the yolk stays in a "ball" when you craxk the thawed egg.. it's weird. I cooked them, and gave them to the baby chicks.

But this week the temperature increased and I had 4 eggs on the table yesterday. I was SO happy. It's crazy how I missed my morning eggs. I was so in the habit of eating eggs in the morning that the first week without eggs I ate at Tim Horton's every morning because I didn't have anything for breakfast and didn't feel like going to the grocery!!

I was happy like when I had my first eggs ever LOL. I ate two for supper because I couldn't wait until next morning.

I am now addicted to my eggs. While eating them yesterday I was thinking "I will have layers until I am not able to care for them, this is so great".

Did this happen to anyone else?! Am I a crazy chicken lady? Do you seriously miss eggs in the winter?

I use supplemental light and have pullets laying so don't miss eggs in winter cause they still put out.
I eat alot of eggs too, always have they are a wonderful food made better when coming from the backyard.
But, believe it or not, you might get sick of them...I do, then go to the grocery for other foods...lol..

Back
Top Bottom