Adding 2nd run.. If you can't laugh at yourself? (added predator pics)

Come on... you know how hard it is to find a tool around here? Brian has most of what I needed loaded in his truck and was out working with it all!
roll.png

Anyways, I forgot about all the wood stacking you have to do. Though I understand, that SUCKS! Sometimes I am happy we have the propane fireplace, though when I get the bill for the tank costs... not so much. We had to fill it 3 times last year and cost us $400 to just fix it and get a new tank. The person before us didn't fix all that before we bought the place.

I bet it takes a lot of wood to heat your house? Don't you just have the 1 fireplace? Or is there a second?

Heather, I am always so proud of you! Since I've met you, you are like super woman! I couldn't get through the military family situation, yet you do it, and you get the boys through it like troopers. Congrats on being you.... ((((((hugs))))))

Heather will post a pic when I get the sign on the nest box done. I really want to get the coop up this weekend. Thinking of playing hooky tomorrow again to get it done. DH and I are going out of town the weekend after next to a friend's wedding and I want the chickens in the new coop so that the dear friend who is going to take care of the menagerie for us will only have to deal with one coop for all of them. I am also itching to get the prefab coop I bought for the newer chickens out of the horse turn out area. The "youngsters" (2 yo and 3 yo) have made it their business to just hang around the pen and push on the panels trying to get anything that is on the ground inside the pen. GRRR
he.gif
Soooo tall order for this weekend. I have to finish up putting on the sheeting, have to get the walls painted (want to do that before assembling the coop since it would be eaiser and the guy at Home Depot told me you have about 30 days to get the paint on before the sheeting will start to warp from the weather so I want to do that before it is outside), have to figure out what I am going to do for the roost and get that built and installed, have to get the paint, want to get trim boards and get them painted, etc. Really hoping for this to all come together so I won't have to worry about the chickens while I am away.
Sounds like you got a tremendous dent in the wood stacking done yesterday! I bet you will be soooooooooo glad when that is done!
big_smile.png

OY OY OY Oh my aching back! Is this what u feel like after all that stacking?
58292_aching_back.jpg
. I know I would. Seriously though... great job.
thumbsup.gif

I HAVE to take a pic of my wood piles.. If I had to guess.. and there could be more but I'd say we have about 18 cords or more of wood??? Really hard to judge.. could be in the 20's? I have 8 HUGE piles going in different parts and the biggest could be the 150 foot long stacked as tall as the fence z (I should measure how long it is.. b/c I could be off.. but was just guessing on length... I have to laugh when I see it.. was so sad seeing the trees go.. Hubby will be shocked to see.. He knew I had the work started when he left.. but I don't think he can visualize it!

We have one wood burning fire place and a wood burning stove.. but last year we ran natural gas heat to the house and put duct work through it.. My hubby laughed.. he said the day we had natural gas heat I would be done burning and he was pretty much right! First year we lived here we burned exclusively and used electric baseboard heaters in the boys room.. Well.. when that gas heat was in.. WOW... I was in heaven! My days used to be hauling wood in and keeping the wood burning stove burning all day through the winter.. I didn't like the soot it put in the room and it just made the room near the stove dusty. I don't mind using the wood burning stove and fireplace but hated having to do that to heat the house.. rather have it as a supplement.. So.. YES.. I should burn some! LOL.. b/c the wood I stacked.. doesn't even count the split wood we have to burn and the other piles we made when hubby was here.. It's rather shocking! It is unbelievable how many trees were cut.. we are on 5 acres of what used to be thick forest.. Think "Blair witch Project"
lol.png
You could of lost the house before by just walking 50 feet out! seriously! Not anymore!

Ok.. need to pry self off puter and finish stacking.. My friend is calling again this morning so I need to find something I can do while on the phone.. possibly paint the egg sign??
big_smile.png

Still laughing at Shannon and the spatula that would of been me too!
lol.png

Wow..good luck Didi.. that is a LOT of work.. hope you are more efficient than I... I have to admit I get very easily distracted.. Like I'll go in to do something and find something else that needs to be done.. I don't stay on task all that well.. I try! I should probably make myself "to do" lists to keep focused on what needs to be done.. like sometimes I'll work on something that can wait and need to think about really what is the most pressing..

Thanks for hanging out while I ramble with no pics!
lol.png
big_smile.png

I was on the phone for OVER 3 hours with my good friend!! LOVED talking to her as it has been too long but I got NOTHING done during our chat.. What was I thinking that I could be productive while yakking! LOL.. Eeeek.. I really want to get my Egg sign on there and photos taken before company Saturday afternoon!! I can't do enough fast enough!!!

But WOOT woot!! I FINISHED stacking wood.. OMG.. was the best feeling EVER!
wee.gif
:weee

Great job getting all of the wood stacked! You must be soooooo happy that is done! It always feels good to get something done that was such a big job.
ya.gif
Well, just sitting here drinking coffee and trying to plan out the day. I know I should be able to get the rest of the sheeting done today. I got my windows and the shutters yesterday. Totally forgot they were arriving yesterday and DH says, did you order somthing with glass? I said OOOOOOOOH my windows are here!
celebrate.gif
They are going to look so good with the little shutters and I am going to make small window boxes with the left over sheeting for decoration. I won't really use them because I don't think the sheeting will stand up to the dirt and water but I think they will look cute. I found a cute font for the "Fresh Eggs" sign I am going to paint on the nest box. I think I am going to paint it on the lid so it can be seen better. Of course I have to get the important stuff done before I get to do all of the cute additions.
tongue.png
DH took the day off as well (we work together) and is going to give me a hand when I let him.
gig.gif

Great job on the wood! I bet the chickens are thrilled you are done... that means you will finish their run and sign. I need to see more pictures!!!!
big_smile.png

Oh cool DiDi! Wow.. can't wait to see your coop done! Have you updated your thread? I'll check.. I am frantically cleaning the house, picking up outside.. need to sweep around house.. pine needles have blown everywhere!.. Need to do the hard core house cleaning , mopping, windows.. the whole 9 yards and have dinner made for tomorrow night.. Thinking either potato soup or chicken taco soup.. (cooked in crock pot with beer, corn, black beans..) both recipes are good.. I could make both while they are here.. so maybe i'll make sure to have both ingredients? Hmmm? Today i have a parent teacher conference.. then an apptmt in the afternoon that shouldn't take too long.. Yikes.. i need to clean.. what am I doing here???

If I can pull it off.. i'd like to paint the "Eggs" on there tomorrow morning.. knock on wood but my house would have to be pretty clean that I can do that.. Want to make a good impression.. Wow my kids are messy!
lol.png

OH! i got the building coops for Dummies book yesterday!!! Shannon.. isn't your coop in there??? My oldest son saw it and said.. "Oh mom.. are you going to build a coop????" tee hee!

Ok.. have to clean and then parent conferences.

OK Heather it has been over a week since we have heard any updates!
caf.gif
caf.gif
caf.gif
I know you had company but you must have gotten the eggs sign painted on the nest box by now and did you ever get the nest boxes inside the coop out? I have to take pics today of the chickens in the new coop. I still have a few things I want to finish up or improve on but they all got moved in last week before we went out of town. I was sure that some of mine would finally start laying this weekend since we weren't home, but no dice. Still waiting for the first egg.
roll.png

Hey DiDi.. Nope.. I haven't painted that yet.
lol.png
. My parents are here and my dad said I needed to fix the nesting box door and we haven't done that.. We have been busy building a wet bar.. This wet bar is AMAZING! My dad can build! It is a pecan wood 9 ft long cabinet with custom doors drawers.. he designed it on autocad and we've been working on it ever since! Today I think we carry it down and then possibly start putting the granite tiles on top... so my chicken project got put on hold.. I will update after the leave later this week and maybe tonight I can get back on and see your thread as I have been wondering how your coop was going!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom