Adding a small 2nd flock

WIchickMama

Free Ranging
Aug 15, 2021
Western WI
I have the opportunity to grab a small A-frame coop (4x5 run underneath) which would be enough for 2 chickens. Is it ok to only have 2 chickens in a coop? I can add on more of a run but not til spring, as we have other projects more pressing before winter strikes.

My plan was to put is about 3 ft from my other coop so at least they will be able to see other birds and I dont have to travel across the whole yard for chores.

The coop is handmade and looks sturdy, plus they will deliver it for me? Any advice, input etc would be appreciated.

You can fudge the numbers with any birds really, but especially bantams. You could probably have a nice trio or quartet of docile ones in the space for 2 standards
Any advice on the more docile breeds? I would be up for 3. I know we have some out this way on craigslist. I will have to do some research...

I have the opportunity to grab a small A-frame coop (4x5 run underneath) which would be enough for 2 chickens. Is it ok to only have 2 chickens in a coop? I can add on more of a run but not til spring, as we have other projects more pressing before winter strikes.

My plan was to put is about 3 ft from my other coop so at least they will be able to see other birds and I dont have to travel across the whole yard for chores.

The coop is handmade and looks sturdy, plus they will deliver it for me? Any advice, input etc would be appreciated.
Aframes are hard to ventilate and protect from the weather.
I would advise not getting more coops or birds until you get thru your first winter.

Back
Top Bottom