Adding a specific rooster - Impact on flock

DontKnow-Lost

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2018
Hi everyone,
I want to improve my flock but it's hard to just order what I want and grown pullets and rooster cost as much as $100 here.

If I buy 2 Sussex roosters and remove the other roosters, what chance is there that some of the upcoming chicks will be Sussex?

Thanks

Hi everyone,
I want to improve my flock but it's hard to just order what I want and grown pullets and rooster cost as much as $100 here.

If I buy 2 Sussex roosters and remove the other roosters, what chance is there that some of the upcoming chicks will be Sussex?

Thanks
The chicvks will only be Sussex if the hens covered by the roosters are also Sussex

The chicvks will only be Sussex if the hens covered by the roosters are also Sussex

Thanks. Will, in my case, get any Sussex traits?

I want to get 4-5 different breeds that I like (Sussex, Australop, Brahma and Cochin) and let them mingle. Will their traits be shared as the rooster might be Brahma and the hen Sussex and so on?

I want chickens with a lot of meat, eggs and that go broody. Once the reach a certain weight /around 6 months, refrigerator time. I my setting I can't keep them separated, even if I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom