Adding an auto-turner during incubation

Fishinandchickens

Hatching
9 Years
May 23, 2010
I currently have 12 RIR eggs started 2 days ago in a still air lg incubator. I just ordered an auto-turner from TSC that should be here in the next few days. Right now I have the eggs laying pointy end down on their sides. Will putting the auto-turner in mess up the development because it will completely change the postion in which the eggs are sitting? From the picture it looks like the eggs will stand on end with the big end up.
Steve

I probably go for it. I have my in the egg carton and I set them big end up & on their side. The temperature swing 93F-103.7F and the humidity 35% to 62% 1-18days a few times and the eggs hatched just fine.

12 eggs:
9 hatched
1 fertilized, but batteries problem at 1st 10 days.
2 not fertilized

All turning the eggs do is keep them from sticking to the side. Don't want "Baby chicks on the half shell"

You shouldn't have any issue with the orientation, but please keep in mind that the little motor on the turner will produce heat. You certainly need to watch the temps for a while after you install...you may need to adjust ever so slightly. I am using and LG with auto-turner and it does a fabulous job of keeping them on the move! Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom