Adding Cloth Hardware to Omlet run

debonatrix

Songster
Sep 5, 2022
Hello!

I'm going to add hardware cloth to my Omlet run. Since the run itself isn't very tall, how tall should the hardware cloth be? Is 2' tall enough? Or should it be 3'? Thank you in advance! :)

I also added HC cloth to my Omlet run. Specifically, I used it to completely predator (and rodent) proof the 3' run that attaches to the coop. I also modified it so there's a door between the 3' run and my larger walk-in run. I did not put HC cloth on the walk-in run since my girls are locked up at night.

Happy to answer any other questions.

video of HC cloth on Omlet run

I also added HC cloth to my Omlet run. Specifically, I used it to completely predator (and rodent) proof the 3' run that attaches to the coop. I also modified it so there's a door between the 3' run and my larger walk-in run. I did not put HC cloth on the walk-in run since my girls are locked up at night.

Happy to answer any other questions.

video of HC cloth on Omlet run
Thank you! How tall was the HWC you used? I think I need to use 3' around the run in front and 2' around where the coop is (since the wiring is way lower there.) Or do I put 2' all around?

Do you have the Cube? I would go with 3'. That's what I did with mine anyway, even though I have a tarp over it. The area under the coop will need hardware cloth cut to fit, so I'd get yourself some tin snips. I had some basic wire cutters at first but made a run to Lowe's for tin snips and man, they were worth it lol! I also have the Omlet walk-in run, which is why I went with 3', as that's how tall the panels are. My yard is just hella lumpy so it didn't line up perfectly :)

PXL_20221004_154858636.jpg

Do you have the Cube? I would go with 3'. That's what I did with mine anyway, even though I have a tarp over it. The area under the coop will need hardware cloth cut to fit, so I'd get yourself some tin snips. I had some basic wire cutters at first but made a run to Lowe's for tin snips and man, they were worth it lol! I also have the Omlet walk-in run, which is why I went with 3', as that's how tall the panels are. My yard is just hella lumpy so it didn't line up perfectly :)

View attachment 3280524
Nice set up! I love my walk in run, especially during bad weather.

I'm going to add hardware cloth to my Omlet run. Since the run itself isn't very tall, how tall should the hardware cloth be? Is 2' tall enough? Or should it be 3'? Thank you in advance!
Depends on why you are adding the HC.
To prevent raccoons from reaching thru, 2' should be enough.
If to keep any other small predators from getting in, cover everything.
How big are the holes in your run?
Pics would help here.

Back
Top Bottom