Adding eggs to the bator question?

77bronco

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
I set my eggs Saturday and was wondering if I could add some silkie eggs as well and if so what would be the latest. All I have is one incubator and I've got the silkie wants something bad. I'm new to chickens and incubators so I'm a rookie and if it would be better to wait until the first batch hatches that's fine just thought I would ask the professionals for advice.
Thanks.

Ive done it but i hate doing it becase once those eggs start hatching earlier, they put alot of poop,pee, and bacteria into the bator. Ive had to clean it in a hurry reset the eggs that were due at a later time. Its worked but its a gamble, its best to wait. Consider upgrading to a cabinet bator you can pick them up on craigslist now and then at 1/2 price or better. There worth it trust me lol.

I use two incubators , when I add eggs I date them then use a group number. When that group hits day 18 I move it to The other incubator. I then have a additional bottom and replace that and clean as I need too. It takes some getting use to with all the hatch dates, but i constantly have chicks hatching. Going to need to take a break so because I am bring over ran. Lol

Thanks. Guess i'll have to get another bator or just wait and see how the first hatch goes.

Back
Top Bottom