Adding eggs to those already incubating

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by muddipuppy, Jul 9, 2011.

1. muddipuppy

muddipuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Mountain View, CA
    If I start a batch of eggs in the bator because the last box shipped is just taking too long, can I add the late eggs if they come the next day? What if it's two days later?[​IMG]

2. 1shotcleaner

1shotcleaner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    duke center pa 16729
    yes you can are they chicken? you are going to add eggs to the ones already turning right? what are you using? i used fome incubators at first and the yellow turners they worked but i was not patient and set them not full and had to wate untill they hatched to add eggs. then i decided to add some and it was 3 days later than already started, but i dident think of that untill i was at 18 days. utoh i have to stop turning but i have eggs at 15 days i cant stop them. than i got a good ideapoll the racks on the older ones and set them in back words. leave the others turning, and that worked for me untill i got another incubator. on the second set of eggs i just stoped the turner. and let them hatch. any way that is what worked for me. good luck

3. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Disclaimer: I am not a hatching expert [​IMG] but if it were me and my first batch of eggs would be 7 days or under when the last of the eggs arrived then I would wait for the other eggs but if they would be over 7 days I would personally chance a staggered hatch. I love the way some people use two incubators (incubator and hatcher) for staggered hatches. For me that would be the optimal situation.

BTW, Like your user name! [​IMG]

4. muddipuppy

muddipuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Mountain View, CA
    no offense, but i'd rather be muddy than mucky! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by