Adding females

DancingSunGarden

Chirping
Jul 7, 2020
Hello. We are new to the duck world. We bought two female ducks that matured into male ducks :) we have named them and grown fond of them and there is no way we can re-home them now. My question is can I add two female ducks? I hear the male ducks are quite aggressive. I have two male Pekin ducks and want to add two female khaki Campbell's. Any advice?

You would need 6-8 females for that many males - only two will be over mated.
You also shouldn't keep smaller breeds like Khaki Campbells with larger drakes, because Pekins are so much heavier they can injure or drown the Khakis. If you did add females, go with Pekins or any other large breeds, such as Rouens.

All drake flocks can work but it depends on the birds.

I think some of this depends on what you want from your ducks. Obviously not getting any eggs with current flock.:rolleyes: I have Muscovy ducks - 2 drakes - 8 females. I agree with Noodledog that you need to have a high ratio of females to males, and compatible sizes. You could do search on the forum for "drakes are jerks" to find out what happens otherwise.

If I were you I would maybe get 6 female Saxony ducks, or if you can't house that many just keep the 2 boys and they'll be fine together

keep just boys!! no egg issues that you would have with girls and super sweet and won’t usually fight without girls (besides dominance fighting even two girls will do)

Back
Top Bottom