1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Adding Nutri Drench to water daily

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by treslilbirds, Mar 13, 2017.

1. treslilbirds

treslilbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2017
    NorCal
    So we had a sick chick that we lost Sunday unfortunately. We bought a bottle of Nutri drench at the advice of the TSC employee but she just couldn't pull through, poor thing.

Well now I have a bottle of Nutri drench and I read on the bottle you can add it to the water daily as a vitamin supplement, but figuring out the dosage for babies that small was kind of hard, I stink at math. So I've been putting approximately 7 drops of Nutri drench in a 1 quart waterer. Am I putting in enough, too much, or could I add more?

They really seem to like it and they seem happy and more active , if that's even possible lol!

Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Usually 1oz per quart for a chicks up to a few days old-----yep a $8---4oz bottle per gallon is recommended for 1 to 4 days old. Some people make up their own to save. Have to search for that on here.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Many of us who use PND mix enough of it in the water to make it the color of weak tea. If you use it, be sure to change out the water every day.

1 person likes this.
  4. treslilbirds

treslilbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2017
    NorCal
    Wow...1 oz per quart is pricey. I paid about $6 for the PND at my local TSC but still....
    I'll keep doing it like I have been, maybe bump it up a few drops, it's pretty much like weak tea as Lazy Gardener suggested. I'll look into making my own in the meantime or using ACV.
    And yes, their waterer gets cleaned 1-2 times a day. I was a kennel attendant/vet tech for 10 years so I'm kinda picky about that stuff. :D

Thank you guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by