Adding Silkies? Where should I get them from?

Nov 5, 2019
Hi,
I have 6 six-month-old white silkie bantams. They have a large coop and a 6x10 run, which I am hoping to add an uncovered 4x8 grassy space to. Can I get more silkies of different colors? How many more? (thinking 2 to 3) Will adding them mess up the flock dynamic?

If I want blue/black/buff/other colors of silkies, where should I get them from? I cannot risk having a rooster, so is there anywhere that sells pullets? I know MyPetChicken offers sexed silkie chicks, but how accurate are they? Thank you so much!

One more question: I definitely want silkies of a different color. Will my white silkies pick on them because of this? Thanks!

We got chicks from someone online. They ended up being only half silkie, and all roosters. The roosters were rehomed yesterday. Now we're looking for silkies again (preferably adult hens).

Sounds good! I would definitely check out your local Craigslist page, local chicken Facebook Groups, farm sanctuaries, and BYC rehoming threads. There are usually a lot of great animals in need of a good home. My Pet Chicken also offers vent sexed silkie chicks.

I found some black and blue cream pullets locally, beautiful and breeder quality. Looking at $45 each, and they're molting right now. Is this a reasonable price?

Back
Top Bottom