Adding some kind of color to water

Ravynwood

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 13, 2009
Champaign, IL
Would it be bad to add some kind of food coloring or something to tint the water, after a day of running my LG I cannot see where the water line is in the bottom.

Quote:
Exactly what I've was thinking, it will just stain the bator. Just keep an eye on your humidity, when it gets to around 30% or so it's time to add more water
smile.png

What about using a hygrometer to check the relative humidity? That way the water level won't matter.

I like to run a small piece of airline tubing, like that used for fish tanks, through an opening. Then I can add water when the humidity drops, using a needleless syringe and the tube.

I have a hygrometer. The lowest I have seen on it is about 48%, the room humidity is like 41%

The highest I can get my humidity is 58% that is with all the trays in the bottom full of water and sponges. two rails taken out of the turner and a tray of water with a sponge put in it.

Getting it above 58% seems impossible at this moment.

Ravyn

remember, to create humidity, it is not the depth of the water, it is the amount of surface area covered with water, so even just a very little bit in the bottom will work just fine as long as it covers enough surface area.

Back
Top Bottom