Adding to the family

ashnic8606

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 5, 2012
Hello!

I'm not really "too new" here but this is my first post. I'm just so excited about my new additions. (and a little sad none of my family, except my son, is happy or nearly as interested in my chicks)
hmm.png
I already have a flock of 7 laying hens (2 australorps, 1 gold laced wyandotte, 1 new hampshire red and 1 buff orpington) and 4 turkeys but really wanted to up the game so as soon as my local feed stores and TSC got their new chicks in I went to running. I am now the proud mama to 5 ameracaunas, 4 barred rocks, 1 brown leg horn, 1 white leg horn, 4 (what i am assuming) Tetra Tints, 2 production reds and 3 buff orpingtons. We have quite the little mixed family
big_smile.png

I searched all day on here and found a brooder I liked and went to Lowes and got my supplies to mimic it, of course I had a few changes to it in mind.Then it was off to all 3 stores to pick out my chicks. I even went so far as to have one of the guys working at Lowes cut the wood to my specifications so hubby wouldn't fuss too much about my little surprise project for him
gig.gif

Look at all my pretty babies!

Last edited:
frow.gif
From CA Ashnic and congratulations on your addition.

When they turn into real chickens and start showing their personalities your family will come around. Toss a tomato out in the yard and sit back and watch the poultry "foodball" game. They are a great entertainment.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I just love them already. They have really grown a bit since I got them Friday. I'm pretty sure I got one rooster. But only time will tell. :)

Back
Top Bottom