Adding trio to my 1 gander

Hayleelynn24

Hatching
Nov 7, 2021
i just purchased a trio of geese; gander with his two females.
I am wanting to add them to my existing flock; about 15 ducks and 1 gander.

I am not too worried about the ducks getting along, should I separate the new gander from his ladies and introduce them to my gander or should I introduce all three to my gander?

Id personally introduce all 3 at once and hang around for half an hour and see how everyone interacts. Then you can seperate them if needed, Id also check back every hour or so to make sure all is well. From what Ive seen geese arent as bad as chickens but Ive had new chickens start off fine then an hour later they are bloody and fightin til the death

I have my flock free ranging with the new trio inside my run at the moment. All has been well so far
How did the introductions go? My established males don't care much for new males

was not the best but not the worst. I actually ended up keeping 1 female and rehoming the pair. The new male was not only attacking my male, but also attacking my ducks. More than just asserting his dominance.
To be fair, I did not want the male he was included in my package deal. The female is doing wonderfully!

Back
Top Bottom