Adding Wyandottes?

we have 2 SLW and they dont really like the new chicks that are 5 weeks old the chase them around more than the EE's chase the chicks around. but they like us humans alot better also.

We had 3 Wyandottes, we called them the Evils. I finally got rid of two and wished I done it years ago. The whole flock was far more relaxed without the risk of the Evils mobbing. The remiaing Wy is still a bully and is making life hard on my new pullets, but she's a good layer and I'm short on them right now so she'll stay until the pullets start laying. If she's still bullying them when they're grown I will probably send her to the crock pot.

This will be an interesting topic, because most breed charts list them as easygoing.

I have a SLW in a batch of Cochins that I got a few weeks ago (My DH really wanted her so I caved). She's nasty to my cochins, chasing them around, pecking, and blocking them from food.

I might get rid of her. My flock is happy and peaceful, there's no reason to put a brat in just to add color.

Never had any trouble with bullying with mine.

Now, my JAVA on the other hand. She's evil.

Mine are pretty easy going except Mrs. Grumpy.
Mrs. Grumpy has earned her name well. But even she has sweet moments.

Right now my Wyandotte girls are going broody on me. I give up on trying to break them. This is Fifi's 2nd time being broody. I just gave her 3 eggs and let her go for it.

We have 5 GLW and call them the "Dinosaurs". They are beautiful and good to us humans, but they are very territorial and do not want any other breeds sharing their space.

I would say it depends on where they come from. Mine originated with breeder stock and they are nice calm birds....not the least bit nasty or mean. I do hear people complaining about hatchery stock tho and how they aren't the nicest birds.

Back
Top Bottom