1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. mikem2424

mikem2424 New Egg

Jun 1, 2010
    SO i did and addition to my coop today added another 4 ft so i can add some more ladies in the future. They are completly lost cause i moved there Roosting pole. I went out to cover them up for the night and they were all laying in the nesting boxes and will not go near the addition. Guess i shouldnt have changed there food today also trying the pellets instead of the crumbles. Does anyone know where i can get a couple of metal pans to put under my rosting poles for easier clean up.

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    hello.
    try craiglist.

3. Tdub4chiks

Tdub4chiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Constantia, NY
    I just attached a 2"x2" frame under the roost with a loose piece of plywood that sits on the frame, either painted or vinyl flooring. You can just easily remove the wood for scraping & washing off.

4. bills

bills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    vancouver island
    Quote:I have had really good luck at finding odds and ends at Salvation Army thrift stores. I bet you could find some used cookie baking trays there for only a couple of bucks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by