1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Adios Jack!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Hotwings, May 19, 2007.

1. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    Well I just wanted to post this to anounce that Freebie's rooster Jack aka Jack Bauer or Jack the Ripper has gone to a new home. No Freebie didn't send him to the stewpot, at least not intenionally. No Jack went to a small animal auction today and got sold for $6.00. He was the biggest rooster there. A lady bought him for breeding we hope. She was knowledgeable about chickens so we hope he went to a good home. It will be interesting to see how the flock will react without him. I told Denise that Lucky her alpha hen will probably take the head honcho lead. As much as Jack made me mad I will miss him. So I will post his picture here. This is for Jack-I will miss you and I wish you the best in your new home.

[​IMG]

Your bantam babes will miss you too!!

2. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Man!!! No more movies!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Jack sure was a pretty Boy!!!

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Hotwings, what are those chickens in the pic with Jack? They are so pretty. [​IMG]

Jody

5. He's a beauty.
    I have a pen with 21 BR roos that look much like him and 20 are destined for...
    Those spangle-y birds are pretty [​IMG]

6. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    I would assume the birds in the back ground are Mille Fluer D'Uccle. They are such pretty birds! and quite unique in their coloring. They are just gorgeous!

7. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    Quote:Rest asured Gary Frebbies husband will find something else to film.

Those are mille fleurs, Denise has 5 mille fleur hens that are a year old and they thought the world of Jack. He was very good with the bantams. The bantams are very funny and comical.

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Now who will save the world?

9. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Quote:I just don't know. I do miss his crowing, but it is nice to go down and see the girls without haveing to be so worried about him. I wish I had gotten over my fear, but I only felt strong when the DH was around, and then not really THAT strong. That just is not fair to my girls.
    So adios Jack, and I wish you well.

10. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Quote:Maybe we can have Chickenduck save the world now. He just may do a lot of dancing in the process for his momma [​IMG]

Best of luck to you Jack! We wish you all the best.

Last edited: May 20, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by