1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Adjustable Thermostatically controlled outlet

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by BawkinOnTheBench, Sep 30, 2008.

1. BawkinOnTheBench

BawkinOnTheBench Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2008
    UT
    Has anybody seen any thermostatically controlled outlets that are not preset for certain temps? I've seen the ones like the Thermocube, but they all have preset temps for on and off; I'd like to find one I could adjust, so I could taper my babies heat off gradually and in response to the temp.

2. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Look for one meant to run a duct booster fan. (e.t.a. - like for your house's heating/ac ducts, to boost airflow to far-flung parts of the house -- you plug the booster fan into this dealie so that it only runs when the heated [or cooled] air is flowing thru the duct).

Home Hardware carries them here in Canada -- I do not know who all would have them in the States but they've got to be out there somewhere.

Good luck,

Pat

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  3. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by