Administering TYLAN Water Soluble Powder dosage to small flock

I've been reading about Tylan powder for chickens and would like to know what kind of results everyone has had from using it.

I'm also unsure on the dosage I am wanting to take it down to a gallon of water as I am only treating a small flock and they don't need a large amount
Tylan soluable powder dosage is 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. Make a fresh solution daily and their only source of water to drink for up to 7 days.

Last edited:
I was just dosing my 1 sick chicken, 1 tsp/gal seems strong, and figured the dosage for myself - it is only 2 grams of powder per 1 gallon of water. The entire bottle (100g) makes 50 gallons of treated water, so 2 grams per gallon = .4 teaspoon, or a scant 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water, it can be used for 3 days which is the recommended duration of treatment. Hope this helps!

Just an FYI about the dosage. With conflicting advice here I called the company directly. They patched me through to the vet on staff there. She said the correct dosage is 1 tsp. of powder per gallon like DAWG said. She said to mix a fresh batch EVERY DAY,( which is different than the label instructions), for 3-5 days.

Help... The tylovet powder package specifically reads not to give it to laying hens. Is is still ok to eat the eggs?

Back
Top Bottom