Adolescents just arrived in the mail, Not doing well. PLEASE HELP

Coyena

Chirping
Mar 14, 2018
I got e serama juveniles in the mail today. The roo is fine but the two hens are lethargic, won't open their eyes or lift their heads. They occasionally peep and shiver. What do I need to do?!
P_20180321_072729_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Even though they are past the "need heat" stage, IMO that is what they need. They also need electrolytes, sugar water, and full strength Poultry Nutri Drench immediately. A drop or two of PND per bird.
Thank you!! I'm giving sugar water with electrolytes now and I have them under my warmest light. They're coming around, but slowly.

I don't have any, and town is 30 mins away. I have time to go pick some up or should I stay and tend to them?

It depends on what you have them set up in, and what the temp is under the lamp, and away from the lamp. I would not feel comfortable leaving them unless the temp "away from" the light was down to 70.

For future reference, PND is the primary, most important, and should I say only ingredient in my "poultry emergency" kit.

Any one work in town who could bring some back to you at the end of the day?

Where did you purchase them from?
From a private breeder in Ohio, I'm located in Kansas. They're doing better, the frizzled one is eating, drinking, and walking around. The smooth one is still sleepy but is drinking better and occasionally holding her head up and looking around.

Back
Top Bottom