Adolescents just arrived in the mail, Not doing well. PLEASE HELP

P_20180321_100318_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Attachments

• P_20180321_100318_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20180321_100318_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 0
I'm glad your babies are doing better! I love the white one with brown spots. Shipping puts a lot of stress on little babies like them. Just for future reference, always have nutridrench on hand for chicks who aren't looking well. When I have chicks shipped, I give all of them nutridrench, even if they look healthy. It's a good way to reduce their stress and give them a kick of vitamins when they arrive.

Chicks older than day olds are not that safely shipped. Day olds can live for 3 days without food and water, but an older chick shouldn’t be shipped in my opinion. With adult birds they will include watery fruits and vegetables for them to peck at, but I still would not want to buy shipped birds. My baby chicks always come from the nearest state hatchery so they are only in the mail overnight. Thank goodness, your little pullets are much improved.

Thank you! Lesson learned, big time. I consider myself lucky that these girls are doing so well. I was pretty worried when I got them out of the box. They're doing great now, but I'm still taking it easy on them and keeping their stress low.

Thank you!! I'm giving sugar water with electrolytes now and I have them under my warmest light. They're coming around, but slowly.
I would still pick up Nutridrench and keep it in the house. It works almost immediately, as it gets absorbed in the mouth on contact - don't need to wait until digested. They sell it at Tractor Supply if you have one.

Back
Top Bottom