Adopt an egg hatch along

Todays update: after candling i’ve removed 3 eggs.

I removed egg 1, 7 and 5.
@Karel If you still want to adopt an egg you can always ask someone if they would be interested in sharing. :)

@Lovely Lettie @the_peanut_coop
Your eggs have veins! I will be posting pictures of the eggs being candled soon, but as of now you can’t see it very well on camera, so at around day 7 i’ll post pictures.

Last edited:
Okay, i candled @The-White-Elephant egg and its developing really well!

Yesterday we had a power outage and freezing winds. the real temperature was 0 Degrees and the feel temperature was -30. Felt like Antarctica! It was horrible.

This morning it is -3 Degrees and the feel is -22 Degrees. The water in the coop was completely frozen (the heater was on full to) I even made them a bit of Ramen yesterday and set it in the coop, when i went out it was rock solid!

Anyway, i made a very brave decision to disrupt the broody hen and put her in a pet taxi. It didn’t go well at first but i covered it and put it in the house, i think she has started to settle on the eggs again. Fingers crossed things go well but the eggs and Dixie being in the coldest nest, i don’t think would last long out there.

I didn’t candle Auroras egg yet because i didn’t want to further disturb her. I figured i’ll give her a good rest for the day and let her settle in her new nest.

(Let me know if you do not want to get tagged for the updates.)

The-White-Elephant #2
7798273D-5827-4B3D-A8FF-D293713A3D72.jpeg

The-Peanut-Coop
67E89CC6-EA49-40DF-9F2C-CBFF4FFBE156.jpeg

Lovely Lettie
FBDE565D-611C-48A7-AFE4-39981C2A8B54.jpeg

Aurora21
8CC520E2-4AEA-4E75-962B-E476D9252F5F.jpeg

Sorry if its hard to see it on some of them but its just because of the camera.

Updates!!

All is well, i won’t be tagging since this isn’t super important.

I was going to wait til hatch to give another update but i thought why not today.

The eggs are developing well but some poop got on one egg and i had to wipe it off, because of the bloom, it probably won’t hatch, but we’ll see. Not sure what egg it was

Back
Top Bottom