Adopted Piggy

amfarm

Hatching
Sep 19, 2023
Good morning! We just adopted this sweet pea and over the past few days her stomach seems to be growing quite a bit. Any chance she’s pregnant or just her sweet belly adding some pounds? 🥴😂 She came from a not great pig farm and we got her from the shelter.

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpeg
    IMG_1114.jpeg
    849.7 KB · Views: 646
https://savvyfarmlife.com/is-a-pig-pregnant/

not sure but the above link should help, she could be pregnant, putting on weight or bloated which could be a concern, you may want to have her checked by a vet if you have one available.
She’s definitely not bloated luckily. We are in the process of setting her up for her spay and vaccine appointment so she’s definitely being seen soon. She’s just putting that weight on very differently than her sister that we also adopted. So we were just curious if any expert eyes could tell. We’ve read every article trying to see. 😂

Possibly ascites.

Weight gain as fat would not be as much change in shape as you describe especially in that time frame and would not be only in the belly. What and how much is she eating? If you are considering fattening then it is worth checking her feed.

Do you have before pictures? How old is she?

Possibly ascites.

Weight gain as fat would not be as much change in shape as you describe especially in that time frame and would not be only in the belly. What and how much is she eating? If you are considering fattening then it is worth checking her feed.

Do you have before pictures? How old is she?
Hmmmm I don’t think it’s that. We feed them Purina sow and pig feed as well as fresh fruits and vegetables that are all safe for them. We aren’t sure exactly how old she is unfortunately. She came from a not great situation but has been out of it for a month when she got in the shelter. She was then picked up by a rescue who gave her to me.

She’s definitely not bloated luckily. We are in the process of setting her up for her spay and vaccine appointment so she’s definitely being seen soon. She’s just putting that weight on very differently than her sister that we also adopted. So we were just curious if any expert eyes could tell. We’ve read every article trying to see. 😂
I hope she's ok and good for you to adopt her!

Back
Top Bottom