ADOR1 Automatic Coop Door?

Okay, here's a newbie question. An automatic door would certainly be handy, but what happens if the door shuts and my hens aren't in the coop yet....and it's winter, and I'm working late? Worst case scenario but what if?

Okay, here's a newbie question. An automatic door would certainly be handy, but what happens if the door shuts and my hens aren't in the coop yet....and it's winter, and I'm working late? Worst case scenario but what if?

One of the Ador1'a features:

Programmable "LastCall" feature. When enabled, opens one last time briefly at dusk for tardy chickens.

Yes there is the last call feature but my chickens have always made it in on time they just know when it's starting to get dark.

Come to think of it, mine are always in on their roost a while before the door closes. But, get out of their way in the morning. The door opens, and they come pouring out of the coop to meet the morning.

Hahaha, the same thing happens at our house. I never hear the door open (the coop is outside our bedroom Windows) but I hear the frantic clucking as they all trample over each other getting out the door at about 5:15 am.

droolin.gif
I can't wait until I can order mine!!!
droolin.gif
We need 2, so it will take me quite a while to save up for mine! Maybe at least by winter!!
fl.gif

We installed the door a couple of days ago and I absolutely love it! It took my husband a little longer than he thought to install but that was because he dropped the screws in the sand and couldn't find them (no comment). I stayed outside to watch it close the first night and it worked like a charm. My girls are late sleepers so it opens before they are ready to get up but the sound and the open door doesn't seem to bother them and they just stay on their roost until they are ready to come out of the coop. We are getting ready to leave town for a week and the ADOR1 is going to help immensely! I also think it looks kind of cool - very industrial chic.

I installed mine today (well, I helped my husband install mine). I guess I need to use the programming feature because it was raining tonight and we had gone to run some errands. I came home to all of my chickens closed out of the coop. 2 of my juvenile SFH's were sitting in front of the doorway and the rest of them were on their outdoor coop, wet and miserable. I hope things look up once I try the programming (?) or is this just a fluke?

My chickens usually head in as soon as dusk approaches.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I installed mine today (well, I helped my husband install mine). I guess I need to use the programming feature because it was raining tonight and we had gone to run some errands. I came home to all of my chickens closed out of the coop. 2 of my juvenile SFH's were sitting in front of the doorway and the rest of them were on their outdoor coop, wet and miserable. I hope things look up once I try the programming (?) or is this just a fluke?

My chickens usually head in as soon as dusk approaches.

Has anyone else had this happen?
I have heard a few times when you first install the door that the chickens are accustomed to going in later and may get shut out the first few nights. It is best to watch them at the beginning. It is a good idea to use the Last Call feature for a while until your chickens learn when the door is going to shut ... I have heard a few testimonies how that trains them and that you don't need Last Call enabled for very long before they are trained. A dark rainy dusk also can cause the door to shut several minutes early and that may have been part of the reason for this first day bad experience. Of course, if there is some other problem please call me or email me.
ROD

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom