ADOR1 Automatic Coop Door?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by LaurenLauren2007, Jan 30, 2013.

1. mischke

mischke Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2013
    Loudon New Hampshire
    Received my door and installed it yesterday. Super easy to install and program options. LOVE IT!!!! Worked perfectly last night and I tried to get up early to see what time it opens and by the time I got out there at 5:10 it was open and the girls were out. Awesome product so worth the wait and money. I am so happy I decided on the Ador.

2. Windy Bay Farm

Windy Bay Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2013
    Nova Scotia, Canada

How long did you have to wait from the time you ordered, mischke ?

3. mischke

mischke Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2013
    Loudon New Hampshire
    I ordered mine on June 3rd, about 2 weeks. Which isn't that bad I know some waited longer. I also think that Rod is working on getting orders out quicker. It is well worth the wait. I am so happy I got this door instead of the other one I was looking at. It is a very high quality door, very impressed.

4. Windy Bay Farm

Windy Bay Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2013
    Nova Scotia, Canada

Thanks for the info .... I just ordered mine today and spoke with Rod, he says he'll ship it next week so I hope to have it by the first week of July !

5. Tirningirl

Tirningirl New Egg

Jun 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Okay, here's a newbie question. An automatic door would certainly be handy, but what happens if the door shuts and my hens aren't in the coop yet....and it's winter, and I'm working late? Worst case scenario but what if?

6. MoonShadows

MoonShadows The Jam Man

Jan 23, 2013
    Pocono Mtns
    My Coop
    One of the Ador1'a features:

Programmable "LastCall" feature. When enabled, opens one last time briefly at dusk for tardy chickens.

7. BY Chicken Lady

BY Chicken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2013
    Overgaard, AZ

Yes there is the last call feature but my chickens have always made it in on time they just know when it's starting to get dark.

8. MoonShadows

MoonShadows The Jam Man

Jan 23, 2013
    Pocono Mtns
    My Coop

9. BY Chicken Lady

BY Chicken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2013
    Overgaard, AZ

Hahaha, the same thing happens at our house. I never hear the door open (the coop is outside our bedroom Windows) but I hear the frantic clucking as they all trample over each other getting out the door at about 5:15 am.

10. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    [​IMG]I can't wait until I can order mine!!! [​IMG] We need 2, so it will take me quite a while to save up for mine! Maybe at least by winter!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by