Adult chicken prices

In my country prices vary.
For the commercial brown and white laying hybrids at point of lay they often ask between €10 and €15.
€ 15-20 are normal prices for second choice selections from breeders (with flaws) and most barnyard chickens. 6-8 week old chicks/pullets are often sold for half the price.

Standard heritage breeds are often sold for €30 - 35. The rare breeds, including roosters (up to standard) even for much higher prices.

As a newbie I don’t have any idea how to tell quality of chickens lol. This is the photo she shared with me though
that is a good quality silkie
I'm going to have way more chickens than I have room for very soon. Is CL a good way to sell? Or is flea marketing better?
Yes, craiglslist is a great place to sell. If you go to flea markets you have to worry about diseases

Quality of the bird and your location can influence prices quite a bit. For show or elevated breeding quality chickens, I've seen asking prices upward of $100 per bird. I also look at it as: how much do you want the silkies in question? If you really like the looks of them and want these particular birds, they could be worth what the seller is asking. In my opinion, the Silkie in the photo does not look hatchery quality so I would say it's worth more than one that was from a hatchery. How much more varies.

For those asking about selling: I would avoid flea markets for many reasons, but mainly disease. My SIL was selling at our local flea market last year. She said most buyers were after bargains. She's had better luck advertising on Facebook and going to poultry swaps.

Back
Top Bottom