Adult & Kids Costume Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

Are they your kids?
hide.gif
I'd do it

Haha I was just kidding around

We've been racking our brains trying to come up with some way to do a Halloween costume for Kendra that uses her wheelchair as a base. We've seen hundreds of them on various web sites and some of them are simple, others elaborate and complicated. Have you ever looked at some of them? Wow! Our issue is, as usual, communication. We can't tap into that pre-schoolers' Halloween excitement because she has no concept of the entire idea. She doesn't want to "be" anything for Halloween because that means nothing to her. We can't tell her not to "mess with" certain components of the costume and we can't get across to her how to maneuver the chair with something impeding the way she's accustomed to doing it. But she laughs hysterically at other kids' costumes so she knows there's something special and different about the way they look. Doggone it, some of those chair adaptations are adorable, too.....ice cream trucks, tanks, Cinderella coaches... So I guess once again this year we just put her in a costume and take her out. One of these years we'll be able to take her and have the costume be the first thing people see, not the wheelchair. But you can bet your bottom dollar that if we come up with something before this contest is over, you'll be the first to see it!

We've been racking our brains trying to come up with some way to do a Halloween costume for Kendra that uses her wheelchair as a base. We've seen hundreds of them on various web sites and some of them are simple, others elaborate and complicated. Have you ever looked at some of them? Wow! Our issue is, as usual, communication. We can't tap into that pre-schoolers' Halloween excitement because she has no concept of the entire idea. She doesn't want to "be" anything for Halloween because that means nothing to her. We can't tell her not to "mess with" certain components of the costume and we can't get across to her how to maneuver the chair with something impeding the way she's accustomed to doing it. But she laughs hysterically at other kids' costumes so she knows there's something special and different about the way they look. Doggone it, some of those chair adaptations are adorable, too.....ice cream trucks, tanks, Cinderella coaches... So I guess once again this year we just put her in a costume and take her out. One of these years we'll be able to take her and have the costume be the first thing people see, not the wheelchair. But you can bet your bottom dollar that if we come up with something before this contest is over, you'll be the first to see it!
is it electric or manual? if manual is someone pushing her?
i had a friend in a chair when we were in school, she was a princess and they made the skirts extra huge to go over and around the chair so it looked very full, i think they may have even padded it, and tried to make it look like she was standing

It's a manual. Instead of the two "helper" handles on the back for pushing it has one big long handle in the center. I've seen the costumes that look like ball gowns....breathtaking! But can't see any way for her to reach the chrome push wheels on the tires if the entire chair is covered, and she is not going to be content if she can't push herself...she'll fight us all night over it. Hmmmmmm

It's a manual. Instead of the two "helper" handles on the back for pushing it has one big long handle in the center. I've seen the costumes that look like ball gowns....breathtaking! But can't see any way for her to reach the chrome push wheels on the tires if the entire chair is covered, and she is not going to be content if she can't push herself...she'll fight us all night over it. Hmmmmmm
these dont look too difficult

3c819d3609866134d9ab2089494634a2.jpg

could even make it light up

550_102605835.jpg

contestvoting1.jpg

but i would cover the wheels with blue to make it look like ocean

Back
Top Bottom