Adventures of a Chicken "Tender"

sqatkins

Songster
Aug 24, 2019
Missoula, Montana
I am a retired elementary school teacher who at last gets to pursue raising chickens after it having been on my bucket list for decades! I just bought 5 juvenile hens from a breeder about an hour south of where I live on the edge Missoula, Montana. I have one 5 month old Rhode Island Red, one 4 month old Rhodie, and 3 red wynadottes (blue, black, and splash laced) that are 3 months old. I chose those breeds because they are dual purpose birds and are known to be cold hardy, important in a climate like Montana. I am looking forward to the adventure of learning to tend chickens, and I hope this community will be able to answer many of my questions as they arise. Thanks.

Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on fulfilling one of your bucket list objectives.

Here are some links to useful resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

I am a retired elementary school teacher who at last gets to pursue raising chickens after it having been on my bucket list for decades! I just bought 5 juvenile hens from a breeder about an hour south of where I live on the edge Missoula, Montana. I have one 5 month old Rhode Island Red, one 4 month old Rhodie, and 3 red wynadottes (blue, black, and splash laced) that are 3 months old. I chose those breeds because they are dual purpose birds and are known to be cold hardy, important in a climate like Montana. I am looking forward to the adventure of learning to tend chickens, and I hope this community will be able to answer many of my questions as they arise. Thanks.
Welcome, plenty of good advice and stories here.

Back
Top Bottom