Adventurous Muscovies.... what to do?

My Muscovies free range every day. They are let out at dawn and put themselves to bed around dusk/dark. They were originally locked up most of the time, just let out when I could watch them. Now I let them all out. All day every day. Mine are not wing clipped, and yes they fly, but they stay on their own turf. I swear they know where the property lines are! They go to the barn, all over the front yard, but they never leave the yard.
I just don't think yours recognize their home yet. Keep them locked up for a week, and they should be fine.

I have one Muscovy hen that I keep with my Call ducks. She won't come in! She only got out of the enclosure once before and I caught her. She flew up on the roof! This time its pouring rain and cold. She absolutely refuses to come in. If I leave the enclosure open the Calls will get out and they can also fly. But they are easier to catch. Forget about herding them, they see the herding stick and they run. They are absolutely spoiled when it comes to food and are not motivated by tasty tidbits. The Muscovy has been feasting on slugs all day. What can I do? We have raccoons!

Back
Top Bottom