Advice for hatching twin embryos in one egg? Lockdown tomorrow..?

At day 16 of incubation you shouldn't be able to see much inside the egg....a few veins near the air cell and possible some movement but the egg should be mostly dark by this stage in the incubation process.
I agree, and the other eggs in the same incubator all look how you described, at the correct level of development. I’ll check on the suspicious egg again over the next few days to see if it dies or develops more, for sure. Would be lovely if he keeps developing and I get a miracle hatch but I’m not counting on it 😅

Thanks. It’s not dead but appreciate the sentiment.

I’m unsure if you read any of my responses to some of the other replies, but I stated it was moving around vigorously before I took the video. It’s pretty easy to tell the difference between the movement of a live embryo squirming around and a deceased one moving as you move the egg, which I’m sure you can agree with. I understand why you asked though considering the video clip I posted.

Having said that, I know the egg looks suspicious and is far behind the others in development, so I’m not counting on it making it much farther although it would be nice if it does somehow! At the time I took the video moments before I started recording at least, it was alive and distinctively squirming around as I stated lol
It's definitely not dead, the veins are clear.
Personally my concern initially was that the eggs weren't being turned (ie. Automatic Turner not doing its job right)
But that's not the case.
It definitely does look odd, so I'd keep an eye on it. But it's nothing you are doing or not doing by the sounds of it, could just be poor luck. Some don't develop properly, due to whatever reasons (storage of egg, genetics, or something deeper and unseen).
Hopefully it continues to develop, keep us posted!

I agree, and the other eggs in the same incubator all look how you described, at the correct level of development. I’ll check on the suspicious egg again over the next few days to see if it dies or develops more, for sure. Would be lovely if he keeps developing and I get a miracle hatch but I’m not counting on it 😅
Always best to prepare for the worst and hope for the best
We're hoping too :fl

I hope your egg hatches.
I have set double eggs before, I never ask permission. My 2 doubles are on day 1.
20231103_084649.jpg
20231103_084714.jpg
Most double eggs only make it to day 10, I already know, But, I still want to try. (Just like the recline button on the airline seat, it is there, I will push it.) I had a triple make it to day 17. (but only one of the 3)
These 2 are the only 2 in my incubator. They will get special attention.
I don't have the history on these eggs, since they were given to me, by a family that had the eggs given to them. Maybe they are not even fertile.

Last edited:
I hope your egg hatches.
I have set double eggs before, I never ask permission. My 2 doubles are on day 1.
View attachment 3675239View attachment 3675240Most double eggs only make it to day 10, I already know, But, I still want to try. (Just like the recline button on the airline seat, it is there, I will push it.) I had a triple make it to day 17. (but only one of the 3)
These 2 are the only 2 in my incubator. They will get special attention.
I don't have the history on these eggs, since they were given to me, by a family that had the eggs given to them. Maybe they are not even fertile.
Good luck! Are you starting a thread for these? If so, give us the link!

Back
Top Bottom