Advice for newby on our choices???????????????

mwhite428

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 10, 2010
Arkansas
Well we are waiting on our first chickens.
smile.png
I can not wait.
big_smile.png
I would like opinons on are choices please. This is what we ordered:

11 BLACK AUSTRALORP Females
2 BLACK AUSTRALORP Males
11 SILVER LACED WYANDOTTE Females
2 SILVER LACED WYANDOTTE Males
1 Free Rare Exotic Chick (Which I assume is another Rooster that I do not want)

Any advice for a newby? We almost have coop and run done. And will have brooder ready this week.
They will be here the week of April 5.

I love my Black Australorp and my Silver Laced Wyandotte. They're so nice to look at, and they are extremely personable.

Are you going to keep your BAs and SLWs separated for breeding purposes?

Next door they have Black Australorp and i love them! i would totally get some if their's weren't free range and we could run the risk of mixing up birds! i love their green sheen!

I have 2 Black Australorp females and they are real sweet hearts - very friendly. When I'm cleaning the coop, at least one will come in and "chat" with me. I swear it sounds like they are trying to talk. They are also great layers. I don't have any Wyandottes but will be getting one GL Wyandotte next month along with some other chicks. Good luck with your new girls and boys!

I've got quite a few SL Wyandottes right now, but they are only two weeks old. I have to say though, they are my friendliest little girls! Pumpkin (one of the SLWs) will come running to me every time I open the cage to feed them. She will perch herself on my arm and brush her beak back and forth on my hand. Then, she'll stretch herself out on me and fall asleep!!! The other SLWs will do the same, but only after they see their sister do it!

You'll have a blast with your chicks! They really are so calming after a hectic day!!!
jumpy.gif

i only have 2 black australorps, but i absolutely love them! they are dependable layers, quiet and docile birds, one of mine lays a medium brown egg, the other a very pale, creamy brown egg.

Back
Top Bottom