Advice needed (be warned, contains images of chicken poop...)

J.D

Chirping
Aug 14, 2017
Britain
Hi guys, one of my hens seems to have yellows/brown runny poop - I haven't singled out which hen it is yet but I've added some pictures below. Could it be worms?

I have Flubenvet mixed and ready to go tomorrow but just thought I'd see what everyone else thinks?

IMG_0422.JPG IMG_0423.JPG IMG_0441.JPG

Any thoughts?

All of my hens are under a year except for one, no other symptoms really, they all seem happy and are eating moving about normally, they do have a few lice which I'm treating already but other than that and the poo ...

One of my hens seems to be eating all of the feathers she finds on the floor but that's the only odd things I've noticed.

I see runny droppings, some cecal ones, and what looks like some intestinal shed. Do you have a regular vet who may do a fecal test on some fresh droppings? A lot can depend on what they have been eating, and how much they have been drinking as to what droppings look like. Intestinal shed occuring occasionally is normal, but if there is more blood, I would think about using some Coxoid for coccidiosis. Cecal poops occur every so often in all chickens, and it is runny, shiny, smelly, and sticky. It won't hurt to worm them with Fubenvet for the recommended time on the label. In the US, we use Valbazen and fenbendazole, since we cannot get Flubenvet.

Back
Top Bottom