Advice needed, first pip ever!

look for the Brinsea Mini Advance EX..the ex version comes with a built in humidity guage..I had to add that to the inside...but if I had known before I would have bought the EX version...good luck with the hatching...buy a candler too...its much easier to see the eggs growth vs using an iPhone light...lol

i like this incubator a lot. it has many options and features and gives a peace of mind that you can set the temp, turning, cool down if desired, etc. only other feature i wish it had was a hygrometer to measure humidity this is my third attempt at hatching chicks in it, and id say my first real attempt after having done proper research. i have a hygrometer/thermometer inside the bator which is actually reading the temperature higher than what i have the bator set at. thus far that is the only problem i have found.

I have the Brinsea octagon 20 advance EX with humidity pump and would recommend it absolutely 100%. I know they are more expensive but you can buy the pump separate at a later date so it's not such a big hit in the pocket. They are also bigger than the mini so when that hatching bug really takes hold you can hatch more!! Also when you buy the pump you get extra dividers and the foam base for the egg tray and foam pads that go in the dividers. It really is a set it up and leave it incubator as the pump does all the humidity for you. Since getting this incubator in May I've had a 10/12 hatch 12/12 hatch and two days ago a 11/11 hatch. Unfortunately now I've got to put it away till next year :(

Back
Top Bottom