Advice Needed for Odd Hen Out

Thank you for your reply! I know - it is small; it was fine for four but five is definitely a crowd. I would like to expand the run and will do so as soon as I can manage it. It is 4' wide by 8' long.

I will ask the pet sitter to continue feeding my EE separately in the coop. I will also keep a small chick feeder up there so she has access when the sitter isn't there. Hopefully she can get to the waterer in the run.

Thank you for your reply! I know - it is small; it was fine for four but five is definitely a crowd. I would like to expand the run and will do so as soon as I can manage it. It is 4' wide by 8' long.

I will ask the pet sitter to continue feeding my EE separately in the coop. I will also keep a small chick feeder up there so she has access when the sitter isn't there. Hopefully she can get to the waterer in the run.

Depending on how much space you have to work with on your lot, if you can possibly make the run wider that would be more useful than only making it longer. Just something to think about when you're ready to think about making changes.

For this trip, don't know if there's space in the coop for it but a small chick waterer might also be advisable, as a water source is something she absolutely has to have to survive.

Depending on how much space you have to work with on your lot, if you can possibly make the run wider that would be more useful than only making it longer. Just something to think about when you're ready to think about making changes.

For this trip, don't know if there's space in the coop for it but a small chick waterer might also be advisable, as a water source is something she absolutely has to have to survive.

I moved the treadle feeders around a bit because I take your point about the run being too narrow. Both were against the same hardware cloth "wall"; now one is perpendicular, which made a bit more room, at least until I can do more. I also added a feeder to the coop and purchased a wall-mount waterer for the coop. Thank you for all the good advice.

Back
Top Bottom