Advice needed on khaki Campbell ducks please

Hd6672

In the Brooder
Jan 11, 2016
Stoke on Trent
hi I'm just after some advice we had 2 khaki Campbell ducks both male, brought up together from babies as pets they are 4 yrs old now but yesterday we let them out in our garden and one of them has disappeared no sign a fix or anything been in its just vanished my kids are in a mess and very upset, but today my other duck just keeps quacking I know he's prob calling for him but is there anything I can do for him as they were never apart from each other now he's alone and I'm not sure if he will be ok any advice will appreciated thanks.

hi I'm just after some advice we had 2 khaki Campbell ducks both male, brought up together from babies as pets they are 4 yrs old now but yesterday we let them out in our garden and one of them has disappeared no sign a fix or anything been in its just vanished my kids are in a mess and very upset, but today my other duck just keeps quacking I know he's prob calling for him but is there anything I can do for him as they were never apart from each other now he's alone and I'm not sure if he will be ok any advice will appreciated thanks.
It's best that they have a friend of some sort. Maybe try to buy a hen for him that is already 6 months old or older. That way she will be able to breed and you can get eggs from her. Khaki Campbells are the world's best egg laying duck breed. You could then incubate their eggs and get ducklings.

Thanks for getting back to me quick question thou do u think they would fight if I got a female as he is older and only used to male companionship I don't know what to do for the best. Thanks.

Thanks for getting back to me quick question thou do u think they would fight if I got a female as he is older and only used to male companionship I don't know what to do for the best. Thanks.
He might bite her a couple times or she might bite him to establish the hierarchy but they will eventually get used to each other.

Back
Top Bottom